Version 0.1 - Last Updated: 02 Feb 2021
Change of circumstances
You should use a Suspension CoC when a student takes an agreed leave of absence and plans to return in the future.
You can create a CoC from the CoC worklist, the Detailed Student Information page, the Create CoC page or in bulk by uploading an xml file. This guide will tell you how to do it from the Create CoC page.
- Go to the SIS Home page and select CoC Home.
- This will open the CoC Home menu showing the CoC subareas you can see with your access level.
- Select Create CoC.
- Select Suspension from the Change of Circumstance category dropdown.
- Select the academic year you want to apply this CoC to from the Academic Year dropdown.
- Select Next.
- The system will now ask you to enter the details of the student this CoC applies to. You can search for the SSN (student support number) to find the student’s details.
- When you have entered the student’s details, select Next. This will open the Change of Circumstance Details page where you can enter the specific details of the change.
- Enter the Date of Last Attendance. This is the last date when the student attended their course. We use this to process the student’s funding entitlement.
- Enter the Date Student Left the Course. A Suspension CoC cannot be future dated. Both the date of last attendance and the date the student left the course must be today or earlier.
- Enter the Tuition Fee Charged to Student. The system will automatically fill in this field with the student’s tuition fee amount. If the suspension will change this, you should enter the amount you will charge the student.
- Under Did the Academic Authority agree to this absence, select the Yes radio button. This means that you have approved the suspension reason.
- Select a reason from the Reason for Suspension The options are:
If you select Health the student’s support will automatically extend for 60 days. It is thus vital that you have evidence from the student. If the student’s suspension period is longer than 60 days, they must contact their award authority and send further evidence to support this.
- Enter the Original Duration of Course.
- Enter the Current Year of Study. The system will automatically fill in this field but you can change it if you need to.
- Enter the Agreed Date of Return. We capture this for information only and do not use it for assessment. If the student returns within the same academic year as the suspension took place you must submit a Resumption CoC.
- Enter the Course Tuition Fee Liability. This should be the liability due at the relevant point in the academic year (25%, 50%, 75% or 100%) or less. This field should match the Tuition Fee Charged to Student field unless the student is paying a proportion of the fees themselves.
- If you need to, you can include additional notes in the Further Explanation If Required field.
- When you have entered all the details for the CoC, select Next to continue.
- You must now select a contact for the CoC. This will be a registered person at your university or college whom we can contact about this CoC. Use the radio buttons to select the contact, then select Next.
- This will take you to the CoC Summary page. Review the CoC details and select Submit.
Print this chapter