Published: 24/04/2023 · Last Updated: 25/04/2023
SFE and SFW postgraduate student finance applications are now open for 2023/24
It's time for new postgraduate students from England and Wales to apply for student finance. Please encourage your course applicants to do this as soon as possible.
However, if you have any courses that are not yet submitted to our Courses Management Service (CMS), you should not publicise the launch of the student finance system. Until you submit your courses, any students who apply for finance to attend them will have their applications pended. This may cause delays to their finance.
If students have taken out a loan with SFE or SFW before, they can use their existing online account to apply. Otherwise, they will need to create an account.
Continuing students do not have to re-apply, their funding will automatically roll over for their next year.
New postgraduate master’s students can get:
- a loan of up to £12,167 to help with their course fees and living costs from SFE
- a combined loan and grant of up to £18,770 to help with their course fees and living costs from SFW
New postgraduate doctoral students can get:
- a loan of up to £28,673 from SFE
- a loan of up to £28,395 from SFW
Please encourage SFE and SFW continuing students to sign in to their online account to make sure all their contact details are up to date.
Students can also find out more about postgraduate funding by watching our Postgraduate Master’s and Doctoral explained films, so please share and embed on your own channels.
- SFE Postgraduate Master’s Film
- SFE Postgraduate Doctoral Film
- SFW Postgraduate Master’s Film
- SFW Postgraduate Doctoral Film
We'll be publishing the latest information on social media.