You should read these terms and conditions before using this website in any way.
By accessing this website, you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions in full. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full you must leave the website immediately and may not make any further use of the website.
Student Loans Company (SLC) will determine, in our sole discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms and conditions through your use of our site. Where a breach has occurred we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
If you have any questions about the payment, repayment of student loans or any of the other products administered by SLC please refer to the appropriate part of this website or refer to the website applicable to that product.
This website is operated by SLC. SLC is wholly owned by the UK Government and operates within the policy context set by the UK Government, the Scottish Ministers and the legislative framework.
Registered office of the Student Loans Company Ltd
Student Loans Company Limited
The Memphis Building
Registered in England No. 2401034
VAT registration number. 556 4352 32
Details of SLC's functions are set out elsewhere on this website. SLC has offices at:
Student Loans Company Limited
10 Clyde Place
Student Loans Company Limited
11 Carnegie Road
Llandudno Junction Office
Student Finance Wales
Welsh Government Office
You may only use our site for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- In any way which breaches or is likely to breach any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose, intention or effect.
- To send or upload any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material which contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of these terms and conditions.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our site, any equipment or network on which our site is stored, any software used in the provision of our site, or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Not to attempt to use excessive bandwidth that could constitute a denial of service attack.
Use and storage of personal data
SLC will only use your personal data for the purposes of
- performance of a contract with you in administering your loan application;
- providing services to you; and
- bringing you details of other services which it believes might be of interest to you.
SLC will not supply, transmit, sell or otherwise provide your personal data to any third party except where required or permitted by law. Should you discover that SLC is holding personal data relating to you which is inaccurate, please notify SLC as soon as possible. SLC will then correct its records, and notify any third parties to whom such personal data may have been supplied in accordance with the preceding paragraph.
This website and associated content is strictly © Copyright of Student Loans Company. All rights are reserved.
All intellectual property and copyright in the design and layout of this website and the material and information published on its pages are vested in SLC. You may not copy any part of the site or do any other act in relation to any part of the site that is prohibited by copyright other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk any page for your personal and non-commercial use only;
- in material issued to third parties you may quote from the site provided you give due accreditation to the author and to SLC; and
- note that documents or other information printed or downloaded to a local hard disk from the website automatically become ‘uncontrolled’ immediately the moment they are printed or downloaded. The only ‘controlled’ i.e. ‘current’) versions are those on the website.
Permission to use or reproduce any of this material in any manner other than as listed in above should be directed to SLC. You must not modify the paper copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded unless you have been authorised to do so by SLC albeit you may make annotations or notes on paper copies you have printed off for your own use.
Certain links in this website will lead to websites that are not under the control of SLC. When you activate these you will leave this website. SLC has no control over and accepts no liability in respect of materials, products or services available on any website which is not under the control of SLC. SLC is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by SLC of the site.
You may link to our website, providing you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to establish any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
The material and information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the website as a basis for making any business, legal or any other decisions. Whilst we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, SLC makes no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such material is therefore strictly at your own risk.
To the extent not prohibited by law, in no circumstances shall SLC be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits and consequential losses), arising directly or indirectly from your use of, or inability to use, this site or any of the material contained in it and SLC expressly excludes all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
SLC is not liable for the contents, reliability or availability of any external internet sites listed, nor does it necessarily endorse any views or services mentioned within them. SLC has no control over the internet and takes no responsibility for service interruption or the transmission of viruses or other malicious computer code through this website. SLC does not guarantee that this website, or any part of it, will be available for access at any particular time or times.
You are responsible for keeping your online login details confidential. We ask you not to share your logins with anyone.
You agree to indemnify and to keep SLC indemnified for and against any costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities suffered by SLC arising from or which is directly or indirectly related to your access to and/or use of the website.
Applicable law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed and will be interpreted in accordance with the Scottish Courts. The Scottish Courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any claim or dispute which might arise out of, or in connection with, these terms and conditions although we reserve the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or other relevant country.
Changes to terms and conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions at any time by posting revisions on the site, in each case with effect from the date on which the amendment is posted on the website. You should check the website from time to time to review the then current terms and conditions. Your continued use of the website will be deemed to indicate your acceptance of the amended terms and conditions.