Version 0.1 - Last Updated: 02 Feb 2021
Change of circumstances
You should use a Repetition CoC if a student fails to progress to the next course year and you let them repeat a period of study.
This guide covers how to submit an undergraduate CoC. If you need information on how to process postgraduate students, see Postgraduate repeated study.
You can create a CoC from the CoC worklist, the Detailed Student Information page, the Create CoC page or in bulk by uploading an xml file. This guide will tell you how to do it from the Create CoC page.
- Go to the SIS Home page and select CoC Home.
- This will open the CoC Home menu showing the CoC subareas you can see with your access level.
- Select Create CoC.
- Select Repetition from the Change of Circumstance category dropdown.
- Select the academic year you want to apply this CoC to from the Academic Year dropdown.
- Select Next.
- The system will now ask you to enter the details of the student this CoC applies to. You can search for the SSN (student support number) to find the student’s details.
- When you have entered the student’s details, select Next. This will open the Change of Circumstance Details page where you can enter the specific details of the change.
- Enter the Revised Course End Date. This is the month and year when the student will complete their full course.
- Enter the Period of Course to Be Repeated.
- Enter the date the Student Is Repeating Study from. This is when the student will begin the period of repeated study.
- Enter the date the Student Is Repeating Study to. This is when the student will end the period of repeated study.
- Enter the Main reasons the student is repeating part of their study.
- Enter any other relevant information in the Further Explanation If Required field.
- Enter the Tuition Fee Amount. This should be the full 100% fee for the period of repetition.
- Enter the Course Tuition Fee Liability. This is the amount of the tuition fee the student is liable for. This field should match the Tuition Fee Amount field unless the student is paying a proportion of the fees themselves.
- Enter the Course Year. This will be the year the student is repeating.
- When you have entered all the details for the CoC, select Next to continue.
- This will take you to the Course Details page. For a Resumption CoC, the system will automatically fill in the course details. Select Next to move on.
- You must now select a contact for the CoC. This will be a registered person at your university or college whom we can contact about this CoC. Use the radio buttons to select the contact, then select Next.
- This will take you to the CoC Summary page. Review the CoC details and select Submit.
Repeating study after a foundation year
Let's say you have a student on a course that began with a foundation year. They then transfer to a new course which also has a foundation year and need to repeat a year of study. In this case, you should first submit a Transfer CoC and then a Repetition CoC.
The student will receive funding for the full length of their second course, since they will take advantage of their 'gift year'.
A student is on course A, which has a foundation year and 3 further years of study. They complete their foundation year and one more year of study.
They then move to course B, which also has a foundation year and 3 further years of study. The student will bypass the foundation year of course B, but will need to repeat year 1 after the move.
They will still receive funding for all years of study in course B, since they will use their 'gift year' along with 2 further years of funding.
Print this chapter