Version 0.1 - Last Updated: 02 Feb 2021
Change of circumstances
Part-time Fee Change CoC
You can create a CoC from the CoC worklist, the Detailed Student Information page, the Create CoC page or in bulk by uploading an xml file. This guide will tell you how to do it from the Create CoC page.
- Go to the SIS Home page and select CoC Home.
- This will open the CoC Home menu showing the CoC subareas you can see with your access level.
- Select Create CoC.
- Select Fee from the Change of Circumstance category dropdown.
- Select the academic year you want to apply this CoC to from the Academic Year dropdown.
- Select Next.
- The system will now ask you to enter the details of the student this CoC applies to. You can search for the SSN (student support number) to find the student’s details. Make sure the student you select is on a part-time course.
- You can add up to 20 students to this CoC by selecting the green + icon. Keep in mind that you will be submitting this CoC for all students you add to the list, so you should ensure the change details apply to them all.
- Select Next. This will open the Change of Circumstance Details page where you can enter the specific details of the change.
- Enter the Correct Course Tuition Fee Amount. This is the full fee amount for the academic year you selected.
- Enter the Correct Course Tuition Fee Liability. This is the amount the student is liable for. This should match the tuition fee amount unless the student is paying a proportion of the fee themselves.
- Select the Fee Change Reason from the dropdown. The options are:
- intensity has decreased below 25%
- intensity of study between 25% and 50%
- intensity of study more than 50%
- course not designated
- For Part-Time Maintenance Loan (PTML) students only, enter a Credits value. This is the amount of credits that the student will be studying at your university or college in that academic year only.
We expect that fee changes may be linked to changes in study intensity, so we’ve included the option to amend credits in the Part-time Fee CoC.
- If you need to, you can include additional notes in the Further Explanation If Required field.
Including notes is one of the reasons we cannot process the CoC automatically and will process it within the 20 or 30 working day service level. It is important that you only add notes when you need to tell us something that is not covered by a field on the CoC page.
- When you have entered all the details for the CoC, select Next to continue.
- This will take you to the Course Details page. For a Fee CoC, the system will automatically fill in the course details. Select Next to move on.
- You must now select a contact for the CoC. This will be a registered person at your university or college whom we can contact about this CoC. Use the radio buttons to select the contact, then select Next.
- This will take you to the CoC Summary page. Review the CoC details and select Submit.
Print this chapter