Version 0.1 - Last Updated: 02 Feb 2021
Change of circumstances
You can use a Transfer CoC to change a student’s mode of study when they transfer from a designated full-time course to a specifically designated part-time course or vice versa.
Submitting a Mode Switcher CoC will prompt a manual process between the student and their award authority. The student will only appear in SIS with the updated mode of study after the submission of a new application to reflect this.
You can create a CoC from the CoC worklist, the Detailed Student Information page, the Create CoC page or in bulk by uploading an xml file. This guide will tell you how to do it from the Create CoC page.
- Go to the SIS Home page and select CoC Home.
- This will open the CoC Home menu showing the CoC subareas you can see with your access level.
- Select Create CoC.
- Select Transfer from the Change of Circumstance category dropdown.
- Select the academic year you want to apply this CoC to from the Academic Year dropdown.
- Select Next.
- The system will now ask you to enter the details of the student this CoC applies to. You can search for the SSN (student support number) to find the student’s details.
- When you have entered the student’s details, select Next. This will open the Change of Circumstance Details page where you can enter the specific details of the change.
- You can add up to 20 students to this CoC by selecting the green + icon. Keep in mind that you will be submitting this CoC for all students you add to the list, so you should ensure the change details apply to them all. You must not edit any of the students' details at this point.
- Select Next. This will open the Change of Circumstance Details page where you can enter the specific details of the change.
- Select the Inform about a student transferring to my HEP or transferring within my HEP radio button.
- Enter the Transfer Effective Date. This should be the date when the student changed their mode of study.
- Enter the Expected Date of Completion of New Course. This is the month and year when the student will complete based on their new mode of study.
- Enter the Tuition Fee for New Course. This is the amount of tuition fee you will charge the student for the rest of their academic year (100%, 75% or 50%).
- Enter the Date Approval was given. This is the date when you gave academic approval for this transfer.
- Go to the Which year of the course will the student enter dropdown and select the correct course year.
- Enter the Course Tuition Fee Liability. This is the amount of tuition fee the student is liable for. This field should match the Tuition Fee for New Course field unless the student is paying a proportion of the fee themselves.
- For Part-Time Maintenance Loan (PTML) students only, enter a Credits value. This is the amount of credits that the student will be studying at your university or college in that academic year only.
- You must now add a note in the Further Explanation If Required field. The note must say that this is a Mode Switcher CoC.
- When you have entered all the details for the CoC, select Next to continue.
- This will take you to the Course Details page where you can search to find the correct course. Select the course details and check that the Method of Attendance column shows the correct mode of study. Then select Next.
- You must now select a contact for the CoC. This will be a registered person at your university or college whom we can contact about this CoC. Use the radio buttons to select the contact, then select Next.
- This will take you to the CoC Summary page. Review the CoC details and select Submit.
Print this chapter