Version 1.0 - Last Updated: 16 Feb 2021

Creating a part-time undergraduate course


To qualify for part-time fee and maintenance support, the student must undertake a designated part-time course. They must also be studying at a course intensity of at least 25% to get a Maintenance Loan or a Tuition Fee Loan.

A designated part-time course must be:

  • at least the duration of one academic year
  • ordinarily possible to complete in no more than 4 times the period it would take to complete the full-time equivalent where the course begins on or after 1 September 2012

You can find more detailed information on course eligibility in the guidance chapters on the SFE practitioners’ website.

Print this section
Back to top