Version 0.1 - Last Updated: 02 Feb 2021
Change of circumstances
Transfer In CoC
You can use a Transfer In CoC:
- for application corrections to course and year information
- when a student transfers from one provider to another (external transfer or transfer in)
- when a student transfers to a different course at your university or college (internal transfer)
You can use a Transfer In CoC pre- or post-liability.
You should submit a pre-liability Transfer In CoC when a student has entered the wrong university or college on their application.
You should submit a post-liability Transfer In CoC when a student has transferred to you from another university or college during the academic year.
The service level for CoC processing is 20 working days in off-peak periods. During peak periods (August to end of November) it is 30 working days.
You can create a CoC from the CoC worklist, the Detailed Student Information page, the Create CoC page or in bulk by uploading an xml file. This guide will tell you how to do it from the Create CoC page.
- Go to the SIS Home page and select CoC Home.
- This will open the CoC Home menu showing the CoC subareas you can see with your access level.
- Select Create CoC.
- Select Transfer from the Change of Circumstance category dropdown.
- Select the academic year you want to apply this CoC to from the Academic Year dropdown.
- Select Next.
- The system will now ask you to enter the details of the student this CoC applies to. You can search for the SSN (student support number) to find the student’s details.
- You can add up to 20 students to this CoC by selecting the green + icon. Keep in mind that you will be submitting this CoC for all students you add to the list, so you should ensure the change details apply to them all.
- Select Next. This will open the Change of Circumstance Details page where you can enter the specific details of the change.
- Select the Inform about a student transferring to my HEP or transferring within my HEP radio button.
- Enter the Transfer Effective Date. This should be the date when the change took place. If this was before the course started, this date should be before the course start date.
- Enter the Expected Date of Completion of New Course. This is the month and year when the student will complete the course they are transferring onto.
- Enter the Tuition Fee for New Course. This is the remaining amount of tuition fee loan available to the student (100%, 75% or 50%), depending on how long they attended their previous university or college.
- Enter the Course Tuition Fee Liability. This is the amount of tuition fee the student is liable for. This field should match the Tuition Fee for New Course field unless the student is paying a proportion of the fee themselves.
- For Part-Time Maintenance Loan (PTML) students only, enter a Credits value. This is the amount of credits that the student will be studying at your university or college in that academic year only.
- If you need to, you can include additional notes in the Further Explanation If Required field.
- When you have entered all the details for the CoC, select Next to continue.
- This will take you to the Course Details page where you can search to find the correct course. When you have chosen the correct details select Next.
- You must now select a contact for the CoC. This will be a registered person at your university or college whom we can contact about this CoC. Use the radio buttons to select the contact, then select Next.
- This will take you to the CoC Summary page. Review the CoC details and select Submit.