Version 0.1 - Last Updated: 05 May 2021
Change of circumstances
You should use a Resumption CoC when a student returns after a period of suspended study in the same academic year.
You can create a CoC from the CoC worklist, the Detailed Student Information page, the Create CoC page or, for undergraduate students, in bulk by uploading an xml file. This guide will tell you how to do it from the Create CoC page.
- Go to the SIS Home page and select CoC Home.
- This will open the CoC Home menu showing the CoC subareas you can see with your access level.
- Select Create CoC.
- Select Resumption from the Change of Circumstance category dropdown.
- Select the academic year you want to apply this CoC to from the Academic Year dropdown.
- Select Next.
- The system will now ask you to enter the details of the student this CoC applies to. You can search for the SSN (student support number) to find the student’s details.
- When you have entered the student’s details, select Next. This will open the Change of Circumstance Details page where you can enter the specific details of the change.
- Enter the Year of Course the Student is Entering. This is upon the student’s return.
- Enter the Date Student is Resuming Study. A Resumption CoC cannot be future dated, so this date must be today or earlier.
- Enter the Course End Date. You should update this if the course end date is now later than the original graduation date.
- If the student has a placement in the year of resumption, enter the details of this in the text box.
- Enter the Course Tuition Fee Liability. This is the amount of the tuition fee the student is liable for at the relevant point in the academic year. This field should match the Tuition Fee Amount field unless the student is paying a proportion of the fees themselves.
- If you need to add a note to the CoC select Y from the drop down to the question Is there a placement in this year?. You can add any additional information to the CoC that is essential for us to process the CoC correctly.
- When you have entered all the details for the CoC, select Next to continue.
- This will take you to the Course Details page. For a Resumption CoC, the system will automatically fill in the course details. Select Next to move on.
- You must now select a contact for the CoC. This will be a registered person at your university or college whom we can contact about this CoC. Use the radio buttons to select the contact, then select Next.
- This will take you to the CoC Summary page. Review the CoC details and select Submit.