Version 0.1 - Last Updated: 05 May 2021
Change of circumstances
Post-liability Transfer CoC for application corrections
A post-liability CoC is a change to a student’s application after the point of liability. The point of liability is when the student becomes responsible for the repayment of a maintenance or fee loan.
You will typically need to submit a post-liability CoC when a student:
For these CoCs we may need a confirmation of attendance to confirm the reassessment.
You can use a Transfer CoC:
- to correct course and year information
- when a student transfers from one provider to another (external transfer)
- when a student transfers to a different course at your university or college (internal transfer)
You should always check that a student’s course and year information is correct before you confirm attendance. If you find that this is wrong after you have confirmed attendance, you should use a post-liability Transfer CoC to correct the application. This guide will tell you how to do this and backdate the changes to the start of the academic year.
The service level for processing a post-liability Transfer CoC is 20 working days in off-peak periods. During peak periods (August to end of November) it is 30 working days.
This CoC does not enter automated processing due to the impact of reassessments after we have made payments.
You can create a CoC from the CoC worklist, the Detailed Student Information page, the Create CoC page or, for undergraduate students, in bulk by uploading an xml file. This guide will tell you how to do it from the Create CoC page.
- Go to the SIS Home page and select CoC Home.
- This will open the CoC Home menu showing the CoC subareas you can see with your access level.
- Select Create CoC.
- Select Transfer from the Change of Circumstance category dropdown.
- Select the academic year you want to apply this CoC to from the Academic Year dropdown.
- Select Next.
- The system will now ask you to enter the details of the student this CoC applies to. You can search for the SSN (student support number) to find the student’s details.
- You can add up to 20 students to this CoC by selecting the green + icon. Keep in mind that you will be submitting this CoC for all students you add to the list, so you should ensure the change details apply to them all.
- Select Next. This will open the Change of Circumstance Details page where you can enter the specific details of the change.
- Select the Inform about a student transferring to my HEP or transferring within my HEP radio button.
- Enter the Transfer Effective Date. Even though you are creating a post-liability CoC, it must apply to the full year if it is to correct the original application details. The effective date must therefore be before the first day of term.
- Enter the Expected Date of Completion of New Course. This is the month and year when the student will complete the course.
- Enter the Tuition Fee for New Course. This is the amount of tuition fee you will charge the student. The best practice is to enter the remaining liability (50% or 75%). This should only be 100% of the total fee if you have a variable fee rate across 2 courses and are unable to accept split fees.
- Enter the Course Tuition Fee Liability. This field should match the Tuition Fee for New Course field.
- For Part-Time Maintenance Loan (PTML) students only, enter a Credits value. This is the amount of credits that the student will be studying at your university or college in that academic year only.
- If you need to, you can include additional notes in the Further Explanation If Required field.
If you have a variable fee rate and entered the 100% fee amount in the Tuition Fee for New Course field, do not add notes to explain this.
- When you have entered all the details for the CoC, select Next to continue.
- This will take you to the Course Details page where you can search to find the correct course. When you have chosen the correct details select Next.
- You must now select a contact for the CoC. This will be a registered person at your university or college whom we can contact about this CoC. Use the radio buttons to select the contact, then select Next.
- This will take you to the CoC Summary page. Review the CoC details and select Submit.