Version 0.1 - Last Updated: 05 May 2021
Change of circumstances
You should only use the Credit CoC for Student Finance England and Student Finance Wales Part-Time Maintenance Loan students.
We use credits to calculate their funding entitlement depending on their intensity of study.
When you confirm registration, you will also need to confirm the credits these students will be studying in each academic year. You can use the Credit CoC to tell us about changes to these credit values. You can do this either:
- before you confirm registration
- during the year following registration confirmation
You can create a CoC from the CoC worklist, the Detailed Student Information page, the Create CoC page or, for undergraduate students, in bulk by uploading an xml file. This guide will tell you how to do it from the Create CoC page.
- Go to the SIS Home page and select CoC Home.
- This will open the CoC Home menu showing the CoC subareas you can see with your access level.
- Select Create CoC.
- Select Undergraduate from the Level of Funding dropdown.
- Select Credit from the Change of Circumstance category dropdown.
- Select the academic year you want to apply this CoC to from the Academic Year dropdown.
- Select Next.
- The system will now ask you to enter the details of the student this CoC applies to. You can search for the SSN (student support number) to find the student’s details.
- When you have entered the student’s details, select Next. This will open the Change of Circumstance Details page where you can enter the specific details of the change.
- The system will automatically enter 0 in the Credits field. Overtype this to enter the correct credits. This should be the number of credits the student will study at your university or college in that academic year.
- If you need to add additional information to this CoC, you must check the box after the line, 'I need to include additional information so this CoC can be accurately processed. I understand that this will cause a delay as the CoC will need to be manually processed.'
- When you have entered the correct credit value, select Next to continue.
If you have removed the 0 from the Credits field but have not entered a new value, you will get an error message when you try to move on. If this happens, enter the correct value in the Credits field and select Next.
- You must now select a contact for the CoC. This will be a registered person at your university or college whom we can contact about this CoC. Use the radio buttons to select the contact, then select Next.
- This will take you to the CoC Summary page. Review the CoC details and select Submit.