Version 0.1 - Last Updated: 05 May 2021
Attendance worklist import – file validation
When you import an attendance confirmation file, real time validation will check that:
- the file is of the expected type (.txt or .out)
- the number of records in the file is not over 50,000
- the file has not already been imported into SIS
The file validation only looks at the file content and not the filename. A file with the exact same content as a previously imported file but a different filename will not pass this stage of validation.
If the file passes this check, SIS will store basic file data and you will get an on screen message:
‘File received successfully for academic year 00/00’
If the file fails this check, SIS will not save any of its details. You will get one of the following error messages:
- The file extension is not ‘.out’ or ‘.txt’
- The number of records within the file exceeds 50,000
- The file content has already been imported into SIS
Once the file has passed the real time validation, it will move on to detailed format and business rule validation.